Saturday, May 12, 2018

MUNMORAH SCA - RED OCHRE BEACH SURF - 3 MAY 2018

Parking

There are two car parks at Red Ochre Beach in Munmorah SCA.

The main one at the end of the road  is the best having toilets, outside showers and a relatively safe and visible place to park.

Parking fees

If you don't have a NP pass then you need to pay for parking.

Staying

There is camping at Freemans camping area - fees apply. A worthwhile place to camp. Bookings can be made online to NSW National Parks.

The surf

2 May 2018

Just before arriving, i had a glimpse of the waves through the vegetation and I knew it was going to be a good day.

The weather was warm and sunny with little wind. The waves were a solid head height size. I paddled out and joined two other guys that had drifted down from the north of the beach. There were good solid left waves breaking nicely to near shore and now and again an awesome right that pealed big and hard over a shallow sand bank. It was heaps of fun.

I had a break then paddled back out and this time I had it all to myself and it was even better. The lefts had become cleaner and the rights faster.

A great day.

3 May 2018



I ventured up to Munmorah again. The waves were a lot smaller.p I paddled out and rode a couple of lefts but they were a bit weak. The rights were nonexistent. After a few waves, I paddled to the north end of the beach. There was a nice left but it as breaking very infrequently and a little random.

Still, I had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...