Sunday, April 8, 2018

TOMMOS LOOP MTB AND KARIONG FALLS HIKE/SWIM - 7 APRIL 2018

A drive up to Brisbane Water National Park for a mountain bike ride.



Maybe. I'm getting bike fit but I did the whole of Tommos Loop with no uphill walking. It wasn't really a strain to do so I think I was doing better with gear changes and gear decisions.






Anyway, I enjoyed the ride - along a couple of fun narrow tracks, some good downhill suns, some good uphill grinds, weaving over the sandstone platforms a a fun fast road downhill back to the van.




A lizard under a rock ledge was a nice surprise.



A detour to Kariong Falls was the highlight.



I rode part of the way down the track and locked the bike to a tree and continued the rocky and steep track to the falls.




The falls were very pretty. I had a swim and a play around the base of the falls, followed by a long contemplative sit on a log by the pool,s edge. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...