Friday, March 2, 2018

SURF, KAYAK, MTB AND NEW MAL - 28 FEBRUARY 2018


19 February 2018

I had a MTB at Kincumba Mountain - a short ride on a couple of tracks. A  huge lace monitor dive off a tree. The tracks were good but a little soft in parts.



A late afternoon kayak with Kara and Mr Archibald at Avoca Lagoon.  We looked at the Black Winged Stilt chicks. I was able to get very close to four of the chicks. The parents were a bit freaked out at first but calmed down when I remained still in the kayak.






We paddled up the west end of the lagoon to look at the Stilt eggs but couldn't find them - very good camouflage.


21 February 2018

A MTB on Kincumba Mountain. I followed an old track but it was blocked most of way and in the end I had to bush bash my way out of it. After that, I rode along the summit track.

After the ride, I had an ocean swim at The Haven then caught up with Paul H for breakfast.


22 February 2018

I called up Spot for a MTB ride at Moonie Moonie Nature Trail.



A fun ride. I had two stacks and Spot had three. There were a number of sections where the tree trunks bent inwards across the track, large rocks jutting up, loose edges on steep embankments and overhanging branches. The obstacles increased the fun.






23 February 2018

A bike ride along Umina, Ettalong and Ocean Beach.







Such a pretty morning. A lot of fun riding along the firm sand of the beaches. At the far end of Ettalong, the area started to become mud flats and there were a lot of blue soldier crabs on the move.




25 February 2018

I visited long time mate, Sojo. Just back from hospital.

I Sojo gave me a Mal surfboard. very colourful.


26 February 2018

I took the Mal for a surf at Umina Beach.




The first three aves the board had a mind of its own. Towards the end of the surf, I as taking off and cutting across the face okay and cutting out but not too gracefully.


27 February 2018

A MTB at Kincumba Mountain.


28 February 2018

Down for a surf at Ocean Beach. A small okay right with an occasional left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...