Wednesday, January 3, 2018

HAVEN, MOONIE, CATHERINE HILL - SNORKEL N' HIKE - 3 JANUARY 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR - READY FOR A FUN ONE :)

1 January 2018

There was a small, mediocre surf at North Avoca. It was okay for about 1/2 hour before the tide got too low.

Out of the water and returning to the van I ran into Paul,  Ingrid, Larry, Bryson and Brett. I stopped for a bit of a chat time.

In the afternoon, I had an ocean swim at the Haven and a relax and people watch with Jacinta.


2 January 2018

I picked up Chloe at train station and was home by 2am.

I started the day sleepy and had a surf check but the tide was high and the waves very small.




Time for a snorkel at the Haven. There were lots fish in spots and one large catfish. The visibility was reasonable and was quite clear from above a 1/2 metre above the bottom.


Jacinta had a walk while I was snorkeling. When I got out we coordinated ourselves for cappuccinos and  a sit in the sun for me and the shade for Jacinta.



The rest of the day was house chores.

3 January 2018

We drove to Moonie beach on the border of Munmorah SCA. The beach was a long crescent shape that attached itself at the southern end to flat island.





We walked in the opposite direction following the rocks close to the waves. The rocks were a sandstone conglomerate with a flattish area near the sea edge and terrace-like cliffs on the land side.


It was a fun hike around the rocks leading to a cave. I walked inside the cave but the northern side was not passable as it dropped straight into the water.

We back tracked a short distance and scaled the cliffs. At the top, we followed the track to Catherine Hill Bay then back tracked to the van.







It was hot so we drove to Catherine Hill By Beach and had a short walk to the base of the high jetty followed by a swim. The beach was very pretty with Wallarah National Park starting at the northern end of the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...