Thursday, November 16, 2017

WAMBERAL BEACH SURF, TOOWOON BAY SNORKEL, BOUDDI NP MTB - 16 NOVEMBER 2017

14 November 2017

Surf check at North Avoca Beach. No one out but that isn't surprising as there was a shark attack on the beach yesterday.


Next stop, Wamberal Beach. The waves looked okay so out I paddled. The current was very strong and the crowd though small was aggressive. I got a few waves then paddled down to the next sand bank. The current wasn't as strong but the waves were very bumpy. I caught a few waves then came in.

Jeckle and his son Bryce were at the viewing platform. We chatted for awhile.

The waves seemed to improved and the crowd had dropped to two. I paddled back out and had a great surf on good waves. The current was not as strong and the waves were better. I surfed until the wind started to change.

15 November 2017

A morning surf check at Wamberal Beach - a bit small and not as good looking as the last two days. I had a chat with Mark and Brank, then headed over to Toowoon Bay for a snorkel.


The wind was a blowing ripples across the water and some small waves were breaking on the outer rocks. The water was a little turbulent and so visibility was only okay. There were a few fish and it was nice watching the seaweed swap with the water motion.





I was a bit chilled so I had a wander around the beach then a coffee at the surf club.

Back home to a number of inside chores then up to the local mall with Kara to buy a few things, then back home to the chores.

16 November 2017

I checked the a number of beaches for surf - Wamberal and North Avoca Beach were messy and Copacabana Beach was protected from the wind but the surf was flat.

Next stop was Bouddi National Park. I parked at the top of Wards Hill and rode along the informal tracks to Stroms Lookout. There were a lot of wildflowers in bloom near the carpark.



It was a fun two kilometre ride with a narrow track, small drop offs, sloping sandstone boulders and sharp burrawangs (a plant). The view from the lookout over Hardys Bay and other parts of Brisbane Water was panoramic. I always enjoy this view. It's nice to have a ride with a reward like a view, waterfall, etc.





Afterwards, I drove to Killcare Beach for a coffee and sit in the sun before heading home.



The rest of the day was frantic and busy. My daughter has chronic fatigue and its associated problems. She is currently on a new treatment. The treatments are sort of like one step back and two steps forward. Today was the definitely the step back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...