Thursday, October 12, 2017

SYDNEY, COOKS RIVER MTB - 10 OCTOBER 2017


A  trip to Sydney for Kara's medical treatment.  It started at 10 am and finished approximately 3:30pm. There wasn't much for me to do there but wait so I used the time to do some nearby activities.


Today, I decided on a bike ride along the Cooks River cycle path. 

I started going to the west but found it a bit boring after awhile as it was too urbanized.
I backtracked and headed towards the east.
This was much better. Highlights included: low hanging tree branches, low bridges, narrow bridges to cross, roads with traffic to cross, groups of birds, a blue tongue lizard, a chat with an old Scottish guy, some regenerated wetlands, lots of paths and a few tracks.





I rode as far as the Princess Highway bridge at Tempe. This brought to mind a lot of very old and fun memories. My very first friends and I use to ride our bikes from Newtown to Tempe and wander around Tempe Tip (gone now), crawl along the length of the Princess Highway bridge underneath it, walk along the top of the oil pipes on the bridge and even floated out to Fatima Island on old bedding mattresses. The latter sank on us and it took ages before a fisherman would give us a lift back to shore.

So it was a very good day, remembering and riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...