Tuesday, September 5, 2017

BEACHES, BIKE AND FATHER'S DAY - 3 SEPTEMBER 2017


2 September 2017

In the morning, Jacinta and I went down to Terrigal Haven for a coffee. We sat on the beach in the sun but we were both too virus-out-of-it to do anything else.

Kara and I took Mr Archibald down to Copacabana Beach.

We sat on the sand with a warm spring sun on our backs. Archibald played on us and the sand. I watched the guys surfing off the point and the beach.




As usual, Mr A sparked a lot of interest, especially, from a group of young surfers who wanted to take a picture of themselves and Archibald. Oh, such a celebrity.
In the afternoon, I felt like the virus was starting to break as I felt like doing something active.

3 September 2017

I drove to Brisbane Water National Park for a mountain bike ride.

I decided to ride to and around the quarry and make a further decision at the end of that section.



I took a short turn off and rode over the rocks and along the creek at the eastern end of the quarry. The wild flowers were in bloom and the perfume they generated was intoxicatingly pleasant. I rode up a rough overflow track to the eastern side of the quarry's more natural looking and largest pond. It was so pretty. The lake was fringed with reeds and water birds floated serenely over the surface. The clouds raced across a deep bright blue sky which was reflected in the lightly ruffled water.



I rode back down the overflow which was quite a challenged as it was etched with deep and sharp ruts. I made it successfully to the bottom though none too stylish or fluid.



I continued along the service road to the quarry. I made a decision to challenge myself so I rode a little harder and over sections I normally have had difficulties. To sum it up, the terrain was bumpy, hard, sharp, rutted, soft sand, boggy or/and steep. A lot of fun.


I was bellowing like a bellow at times - being the shortness of breath from the virus - but I stopped controlled my breathing and continued.
The ride was about 3 km with birds, fragrant flowers, beautiful bush scenery and stark quarry features.

After the ride, I met Jacinta down at Terrigal Haven. We sat in the warm sun on the beach, chatted and drank cappuccinos.


Today as Father's Day in Australia. The girls organized a great pastry picnic at Wamberal Lagoon. the food was great, the company excellent, the views awesome and the presents amazing. I had a lovely time. I love the tie-dyed hoody.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...