Thursday, August 17, 2017

KINCUMBA MOUNTAIN & TERRIGAL BEACH - RIDE, WALK AND BIRDY OUTING - 17 AUGUST 2017

I wasn't well yesterday nor much better this morning but by mid morning I felt okay enough to ride my new mountain bike.

I decided on Kincumba Mountain as it has a number of places to loop back to the start if I started to feel to sick again.

The bike - Trek Marlin 7 - went really well. It felt higher to ride due to the 29" wheels compared to 26" wheels and generally it felt very loose.

After awhile, I got better control of the steering and stated to pick up speed. It was faster than my old bike and so much easier to peddle with the better gear system. The hydraulic brakes were excellent.

I finished the ride, the fastest ever for me and I didn't feel at all tired.





I need to work on a few aspects of my steering and going over obstacles. Looking forward to it.

After the ride, I went down to Terrigal Beach and had a coffee in the warm sunshine then a walk along the beach. It was such a pretty day - warm, blue sky and clear, brisk water.

Later, Kara and I took the birds to Kincumba Mountain. We sat on a large sandstone rock overlooking a large clearing. The sun was still warm and it was so quiet and peaceful. A nice afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...