Wednesday, June 21, 2017

BALI, BALIAN - SURF, GRANDDAUGHTERS AND CEREMONIES - 20 JUNE 2017


An early good, fun and glassy surf.


We had breakfast then I was out for another glassy surf with Mark S.

photo - Deki and his granddaughter

Later, Jacinta and I had a pot of coffee and banana/apple pie at Tom's Garden. An eclectic restaurant with a pretty garden.

A rest and then I had a motorbike ride south to Peyan. I turned off the main road when I past over a small bridge. The scenery look inviting but what a surprise... there was a Hindu ceremony on the beach. I watched blessings and gifts given to the ocean. I had a chat with one of the ladies, Made, who had three grown children and was working in a Kuta hotel. Nice lady.


photo - the holy man



photo - Made and her granddaughter


Back to the ranch and down to dinner at Pitaya. Brandt was there and so he joined us for our evening repast. Brandt was a friend of Rodney and it turned out that we Brandt and I knew each other about forty years ago at teachers collage and we know heaps of the same people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...