Tuesday, June 20, 2017

BALI, BALIAN - GUBUG, AYU AND OLD FRIENDS - 15 JUNE 2017


On arrival, we settled into the Gubug Bungalows @ 500 000R per room for 11 nights. This is a  very pretty hotel with okay rooms with a small patio overlooking  gardens and an infinity pool with a view over the ocean and surf in the back ground. It has a pleasant restaurant and bar.


I dropped over to see Ayu ( my Balinese friend) and her family. It was nice to see them and we had a lot of laughs.


Back at the hotel and down at the pool were Steve and Jaimie, whom I met at Balian a few years ago. Then a short while later, along comes Tank from Tasmania. I knew he would be there. Then a few minutes later, Mark and Mandy came over. I met those two in the early eighties in Sri Lanka. Of course, we had a few beers and I joined them at Deki's restaurant for more beers and a chat. Phil was there and later Roice turned up. I don't remember when I met Roice but it was a long time ago in Balian.


I didn't join them for dinner as this was our first family night in Balian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...