Friday, May 26, 2017

BOUDDI NP MTB - HARDYS BAY AND OLD WAGSTAFFE TRACKS - 26 MAY 2017

The surf was very flat but the weather was sunny but cool.

I drove to Bouddi national Park and had a ride on the old Wagstaffe and Hardys Bay trails.


This ride stats off on a long steep service road . Once at the top, there are pretty views over Brisbane Water. Some wildflowers were beginning to bloom. All nice.


I rode and decided to ride the Old Wagstaffe Trail. It started off wide and well graded but it soon deteriorated and became heavily eroded and wet, in other words 'fun'. At one stage, I came off the bike on a small but wet drop off. The trail became a track and continued on towards Tallow Beach.






Halfway on the above trail, I turned off into the dead-end Hardys Bay Trail. It was steep and fun and ended in some partial vies over Hardys Bay. On the return, back uphill, I found a few bike side tracks which I'll ride down another day. Also, I had heaps of fun walking and climbing around the various rock formations. There was one large boulder that was weathered by the wind underneath making it look like a large breaking wave. I easily fitted under it and climbed around inside it.






The final leg of the ride was along Hawkes service road which was a fun and fast downhill back to the start.


A great 6 km ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...