Sunday, March 26, 2017

NARRABEEN LAKE AND CREEKS KAYAK - 25 MARCH 2017

I was up very early this morning for an hour plus drive to Narrabeen Lake.



I parked in a reserve off Wimbledon Avenue and launched off a small beach.


The morning started glassy with a partially cloudy sunrise. There were a number of of people kayaking and rowing on the lake.


I paddled around circumference of the lake and took three detours into the feeding creeks - deep, middle and beside the golf course.


Deep creek was very interesting as there was a bridge , old brick work and very thick vegetation. It was very green and pretty.


The golf course creek ended in a weir with water cascading over the edge.


The lake itself was okay in parts but a lot was fairly developed with paths and roads easily seen from the water. Still it was a nice long 13. 36 km paddle with some nice birdlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...