Monday, February 20, 2017

NORTH AVOCA SUNRISE/SURF AND LITTLE BAY HIKE - 21 FEBRUARY 2017

I was down at North Avoca beach this morning to watch the sun rise.


The surf looked okay but I only stayed out a short while as it really wasn't too good.

I drove around to Bouddi National Park and had a hike down to Little bay then a hike around the rocks.


The walk down to the beach was easy and uneventful. At the small camping area there were a number of tents. This is about the first time I've seen anyone camping there. It is a such a good spot with ocean views and tranquility.


I walked along the short beach then the along the rocks at the northern side. It was a pretty walk and a number of times I just sat and watched the world do its thing.

Highlights included:

towering cliffs with heaps of broken rocks at the base.


waves crashing into the cliff face and along the rocky shore platform


the ocean twinkling with the sunrise

lots of small reflective rockpools


small shellfish clinging in groups to the rocks


piles of balancing rocks that were human made

the sound of the ocean


A pretty 2.43 km hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...