Tuesday, January 31, 2017

SOLDIERS POINT HIKE/SWIM - 31 JANUARY 2017

I drove to Pelican Beach but the surf was vey small.


Plan B was to check out Soldiers Beach. the surf was also small with the occasional odd wave. I decide on a hike out to the tied island named Soldiers Point.




It was a nice hike through the water and over and across the rock platform. the breeze was very cooling, especially, considering that today's temperature was to reach 41 degrees Celsius, which it did.



It was fun walking over the rocks - checking out the mollusks, surprising a feeding crab or two, walking through the rock pools, water borne waves cascading over the rocks and running along the rock crevices, birds roosting on the rocks or flying with a bright grey cloud background. It was all very nice.



I walked along Soldiers Beach and had a swim.

Back home and the daughters and I went to the Cove Restaurant for breakfast at Terrigal Haven.

Eventually, the tree removal finished and the home noise finally subsided.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...