Friday, December 2, 2016

MUNMORAH SCA BIRDIE CREEK MTB - 2 DECEMBER 2016



I started the day with a surf at Hams Beach.


The waves were very small but I manage to have fun on a right hand sand bank that had a wave at times when the rip surged. The water was warm and I had fun.


I then had a bike ride at Munmorah SCA on the Birdie Creek track. This turned out to be a dead end as it wasn't possible to cross the creek. Not that the water level was high it was more due to extremely thick reeds and the possibility of a snake encounter.


The track was great. It head steadily downhill so there was a lot of speed. At one stage a brown snake slithered quickly in front of me and hid in a clump of grass. The snake was over a metre but there was no way you could see it. By the way, they are a highly venomous snake.


A fun 4.28 km backtrack ride.


I still had some more time spare, so I had a swim at Red Ochre Beach. The water was crystal clear, the sand soft and white and the scenery very pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...