Monday, December 12, 2016

MUNMORAH - QUARRY TRACKS MTB - 13 DECEMBER 2016



The beginning of the day was checking out a few beaches for good surf. Alas, I found none to my liking.



I settled for a bike ride along the tracks off Quarry Trail in Munmorah SCA.

The weather was warm and humid. The tracks were very dry and the tree growth was low.

The main trail was an easy ride to the main road. The adventure was with the turnoffs.


The first turnoff was very steep, eroded and loose gravel. It lead to an old quarry.

The second was a wider track with pockets of soft sand and loose gravel. It also lead to the quarry.


The quarry wasn't very exciting. It was relatively flat with earthen walls around it overgrown with vegetation. One side was a steep cliff with thick vegetation along the base.

The third turnoff lead downwards to a dead end which was blocked by a thickly vegetated creek. This track was fun. It was narrow and heavily eroded as it meandered down between thickets of grass and trees. A few times, I lost the track as it was not often used.


A very hot and fun 3.64km ride.

I drove back to Terrigal for a swim on the beach amongst the onshore waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...