Wednesday, November 30, 2016

BWNP TOMMOS LOOP MTB - 30 NOVEMBER 2016

I checked the surf at Wamberal and Shelley Beach. Not the best but a pretty sunrise.


I drove up to Brisbane water National Park for a bike ride along the Tunnel Trail and Tommos Loop with a play around the old quarry.


One of the major features of the old quarry are the two large pools of water. One looks quite natural with reeds and birds. The other is a rectangular pond scraped from the rocks. Today, the water in the latter was very clear. It looked like it would be good for a swim.


It was fun riding along the edge of the pond and the rough ground of the quarry.

From the quarry, I followed the trail around to Staples Lookout. The trail had a few steep sections and some great views over the hinterland to the west.


A highlight towards the end of the trail was a pair of Glossy Black Cockatoos. Noisy but pretty.


Staples Lookout has a panoramic view over Brisbane Water from Gosford to Ettalong.


The next section was down Woy Woy Road. The most dangerous spot due to high speeds of bike and cars.

A very hot and fun 8.8km ride.


I still had enough time for a swim and coffee at Terrigal Beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...