Sunday, November 13, 2016

BOUDDI NP - TURKEY AND NW RIDGE TRACKS MTB - 14 NOVEMBER 2016

A cloudy and pretty sunrise at Wamberal Beach. The tide is high and the swell is small equals no waves but the water looked smooth and glassy.


I decided on a bike ride and drove to Bouddi National Park, about 20 minutes.

I had a quick stop at Marie Byles Lookout to admire the beautiful view of the coast.


I rode the Turkey and NW ridge tracks.



The ride felt good and I managed to overcome a few more obstacles  than my last time at that spot. There were two sections of a drop after a group of rocks going downhill that I had baulked at previously. This time, I looked more carefully and the fall of the land and followed my chosen path with success. It always feels good to just push a bit more with confidence.



At two spots, I saw a flower I had not seen before. The base of the plants was long narrow leaves that fanned out. From the base, a long stem of about 1 1/2 metres extended upwards with no leaves. On the tip was a very pretty white/lemon bottlebrush. I later had the flower identified as a Xanthorrhoea macronema bottlebrush grass tree.


After a great 5.03 km ride, I drove to Terrigal Beach for a swim. The water was nice and the wind a bit chilly. There were nice twinkles in the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...