Saturday, November 12, 2016

AVOCA LAGOON KAYAK AND TERRIGAL ROCKS SNORKEL - 11 NOVEMBER 2016

The morning looked pleasant and north but there were some dark storm clouds coming from the south.


We had a heavy downpour of rain yesterday so I thought Avoca Lagoon might be more filled with water.

Well, the level was still the same as it has been for the last month. I guess that the water was absorbed into ground rather than runoff to the waterways.


It was still a quiet and glassy kayak but the low water made most areas to shallow for paddling.

There was a little rain from the storm clouds but it was soon over.

Later, I had a fun small surf at Wamberal Beach.

Later still, I went to the Haven with Kara and I went for a snorkel around the rocks at Terrigal rockpool while she baked.


The water had warmed up so I did the snorkel in boardshorts only.


I came across three huge catfish that were feeding under a rock ledge. When they were amongst the seaweed they were very well camouflaged.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...