Friday, October 14, 2016

STRICKLAND STATE FOREST - STRICKLAND FALLS HIKE - 13 OCTOBER 2016

A morning hike in Strickland State Forest along the Strickland Falls Track.



I parked in the top carpark and started along the track to Strickland Falls.



It was an easy track meandering along pass ferns, waratahs and boulders. There were pretty sandstone hewn steps and weathered log retained steps.


The sounds of birds followed me along the track. I had glimpses of them in the distance and close encounter with one medium sized woodland bird that I disturbed when walking around a bend in the track.

The falls were really a trickle but the sound of tinkling water as it cascaded on the rocks was very souring soothing.


The latter part of the hike was along the top of the ridge and the vegetation changed from ferns and cabbage palms to flowers.


The highlight of the walk was the abundance of waratahs. A beautiful plant with a large stem jutting up from the centre of the plant with a huge red flower as its crown.


A pretty and relaxing hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...