Monday, October 31, 2016

MUNMORAH SCA - THE SW TRACKS - MTB - 31 OCTOBER 2016

The last few days, I had good waves at Wamberal Beach. The hamstring injury hurts when I'm paddling out but no problems on the wave itself. Feeling good.



Well today, the wind was onshore so I made my way to Munmorah State Conservation Area. There were some tracks in the south west of the area that I wanted to try.


The track was partially blocked at the beginning but soon followed a well defined track through dry bushland.


Eventually, it reached a wetland area, where I saw a wallaby and just then I slid over a wet branch and down I came. Not hard but the wallaby was gone!


The track became wide at times and at times very narrow as it followed the edge of the wetland. At one stage, the track lead to deep water and mud. Backtrack!


The track was a challenge with parts of the track going through water and mud, deeply grooved so I had to glide through on my momentum as well as fallen branches, low branches and tree roots.


What a great 4.92 km ride. I think that it would be better to do in the reverse direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...