Thursday, October 13, 2016

FAGANS BAY KAYAK - 11 OCTOBER 2016

I started the day with a morning kayak at Fagans Bay in Brisbane Water.


The conditions were ideal earlier with a high tide, sunshine and a light wind.


It was a pretty paddle with a mangrove shoreline and fairly clear water.


There were heaps of birds - cormorants, ducks, pelicans, cockatoos, galahs, spoonbills, herons and ospreys.




The railway bridge was an interesting feature to paddle under and around. There is one bridge and the rusted pylons of an earlier bridge.


Strangely, I kept finding things in the water that were waterlogged and useless - a large drill and case, a lounge, a kayak, two eskies and a fishing kit. The drill and case, I took to shore and put in a bin.

The wind was fairly strong on the return leg with spray flicking occasionally in my face.


A great and pretty 4.5 km kayak with birds and bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...