Wednesday, September 28, 2016

MUNMORAH SCA - FRAZER AND MOONIE BEACH MTB - 28 SEPTEMBER 2016

Í was at Munmorah State Conservation Area this morning for some bike riding along the tracks and trails.

I parked at the top of the hill going down to Snapper Point at the stated of the Moonie Beach Trail.

Before starting down the trail, I pedaled across the road to some sort of transmitting station. A service trail not marked on the map went downhill towards Frazer Beach.



The trail was steep with lots of speed humps to help reduce water erosion. Lots of fun. At the bottom of the trail was a water tank to cycle around. I backed tracked a bit and turned into a track that lead through the vegetation and under the tree canopy. It was such a great track with ground obstacles and low branches to navigate over and under. It got even rougher, turning into a narrow and eroded water course. Finally, the canopy opened up with a great view over Frazer Beach just above the camping area.



Of course, where there was down now there was up.

Back to where I started and feeling good, I took the trail to Moonie Beach.


Once again the long downhill trail was frequently crossed with speed humps for water erosion. In addition, there were great coastal views from Flat Island northwards. At the base of the trail, the track turned south on itself following the foreshore of Moonie Beach. Finally, the track ended and I Had a wandered along Moonie Beach.




Both the rides were great with a length of 6 km.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...