Saturday, September 24, 2016

BRISBANE WATER NP - GIRRAKOOL HIKE - 24 SEPTEMBER 2016

At Brisbane Waters National Park for a hike at Girrakool.


The carpark was empty so I was ready for a quiet hike.



The track was easy to follow with heaps of wildflowers.



I went off track for awhile skirting a hill of sandstone boulders. It felt a bit like snake territory with dead branches and a thick layer of leaves for ground cover. I trod carefully and noisily. Eventually, I reached a dry rock creek covered in green moss. Very pretty. The creek ran under the rocks.


Another turnoff the track took me further down the creek with a wide sandstone area dotted with pot holes of water. The creek rushed along the shallowly and cascaded over a number of small drop offs.


A pretty and short 0.66 km hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...