Monday, August 8, 2016

AVOCA LAGOON KAYAK - 8 AUGUST 2016

The last two weeks have been full on - cold and wet weather, a lot of sick people. Well, today the sun shone and a couple of Panadols later and I was ready for a kayak.


I launched at Avoca lagoon just a tad before sunrise. It was cold and the water level was very high in the lagoon... nearly to the carpark!

It was a good paddle over areas that were usually dry land. I didn't wander too far as the wind was stronger on the exposed parts of the lagoon.


I did notice a couple of differences today:


a few fully grown casuarina

trees had collapsed into the water.

large parts of the reeds had died off, turning the water sludgy with dead vegetation

the bats weren't there in their roosting area

there weren't a lot of birds on the lagoon itself. some species were there high in the canopy.


It was nice to get out and paddle around... 2.52 km.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...