Monday, July 25, 2016

WYRRABALONG NP - CRACKNECK LOOKOUT HIKE - 22 JULY 2016

I stated the day with a surf check at North Avoca beach. the waves were far between and the tide high.


I decided to have a hike at Wyrrabalong National Park at Crackneck Point Lookout.



It was so good. I only hiked a short distance but I wandered along the smaller tracks through the dense vegetation. The night rain had hung on the bushes so I was soaked by the end of the hike.



There were heaps of birds calling and a kookaburra hung in a tree and posed for a few shots.


There were also glimpses of the coastline.

Taking a slightly inland track, I came across a lot of grass trees. Usually, their flower stem is very tall and straight but a few were twisted nearly looking snake-like.




A great morning hike.


In the early afternoon, I had a surf at Terrigal Beach at a lower tide. It was fun and there were a few okay waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...