Tuesday, July 19, 2016

NORTH AVOCA, TERRIGAL LAGOON, TERRIGAL HAVEN - LOOK, KAYAK, HIKE - 18 JULY 2016

A mixed day today.

Checked the surf at North Avoca Beach.

I decided on a kayak at Terrigal Lagoon.


I paddled up to the end of the lagoon near the golf club. There are some small waterways here and very natural surroundings.


There were a number of birds about. The Great Egret above was perched high in the trees. I drifted closer on my kayak enjoying the pleasure of not alarming the bird.


There is a small area of mangroves. The root system of this adaptive plant never fails to impress me.
Terrigal Lagoon flows out to the sea. To avoid flooding of lakeside properties the lagoon is opened by council when it gets too full.



Later that day, I went for a short walk around Terrigal Haven. the weather was pleasant and on one of the lookouts I was rewarded with a view of a pod of dolphins frolicking on the waves close to the rocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...