Tuesday, May 24, 2016

STAPLES LOOKOUT TO BULGANDRY MTB 21 MAY 2016





I parked at Staples Lookout and rode the tracks to Bulgandry, the Australian Aboriginal site area.


On the map the tracked looked okay but after a short distance a turn to the right showed the track to be very steep and massively eroded. The telephone poles followed this line. I decided to continue on the track I was on and see where it lead.


This track was windy and also heavily eroded with lots of  large loose stones and pockets of deep sand. It was a challenge getting down it.


The rest of the track was gradual up and down with a few narrow side tracks through the bush. I reached Bulgandry and viewed the Aboriginal rock art. It is very impressive! the last time I was here, the carvings were very faint but since then there has been a number of ceremonies held here and the carvings retched in the telling of stories.


The return was via Woy Woy Road which was very an experience. At one stage, the bike lane ended and the cars were flying past at 80km/h and so close.



A challenging 6.85 km ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...