Wednesday, May 25, 2016

MOUNT ETTALONG MTB - 25 MAY 2016

Another sunny morning. I drove to Umina to check the surf. It was pretty big so I continued to Patonga Beach. Patonga is very sheltered but I was interested to see how a big swell affected it. No effect but it was so pretty.



I stopped on the way back at Mount Ettalong.


It is a short ride being 1.8 km but it has some of the best views on the Central Coast. I tis a single wide track over dirt and sandstone leading to a lookout over Umina and Box Head. Along the way there are short side tracks to sandstone ledges giving amazing views of Pearl Beach and south to Sydney.

There were some amazing tree formations - growing over and between the rocks




The views were spectacular on the whole ride. Each stop gave a slightly different perspective.


The final view was across Umina nd Box Head. The sun was directly into the eyes but the view would be heaps better later in the day.



A fun ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...