Friday, May 20, 2016

MAITLAND BAY HIKE - 18 MAY 2016



I drove to Bouddi National park for a hike down and along Maitland Bay.

The walk down was along steps and a track. Highlights - trees growing over rocks, a bridge, a ferned gully, huge majestic trees, views down to Maitland Bay, steps hewn into and between large boulders.


At the southern end of the beach I walked along the rocks and was impressed by the patterns in the sandstone and the view north.



The beach walk was nice with the waves lapping up the sand wetting my feet.



The north end was rocky and the water too high for a decent rock scramble but still the views south were nice.

Back along the beach, I walked along the base of the cliff until I reached a pond of water which was fed by two creeks. Some nice reflections at this spot.



The return walk from the beach to car park was about 20 minutes of steep pleasant walking.



A great 3.55 km hike with some nice surprises - sunrise through the clouds, vegetation silhouetted against the dispersed morning light, waves lapping the sand and beautiful sandstone patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...