Wednesday, April 6, 2016

PEBBLEY BEACH HIKE - 6 APRIL 2016

I drove back to the Norah head area to check the waves but the tide was very high on a low swell so no waves.


I looked over Soldiers beach for a short while then decided to walk along the rocks towards Pebbley Beach which was to the north of Soldiers Beach.


It was a pleasant short walk along a quiet white sand beach. The seas were rough being exposed to the northerly wind. The back drop of the beach was very tall sand dunes interspersed with vegetation on the slopes but thicker on the crest.



I wandered along the beach and  threw a stick for a dog to chase, walked along the edge of the waves and walked mainly on the soft sand to the rocks at the far northern end which was Norah head.




I climbed the sand dunes on leaving and followed a short path to the Soldiers Beach carpark.


I went back to sitting on the cliff overlooking Soldiers Beach. Still no waves yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...