Wednesday, April 13, 2016

BRISBANE WATER NP - THE QUARRY AND TOMMOS LOOP MTB - 13 APRIL 2016

The last few days I've been having fun surfs at North Avoca. No photos as too busy having fun in the water.



This morning, the tide was too low so I went on a bike ride at Brisbane Water National Park.


I rode to the old quarry and wandered around. I been here a number of times but I always find this place so pretty with it's contrasting areas of pools and wetlands to the desolate looking rutted sandstone. The scaring of the sandstone was caused by human excavation and unchecked erosion.




I then followed Tommos Loop back to Woy Woy Road. Not terribly exciting though there are sections of pretty flat sandstone with pockets of vegetation and views across to the untouched bush of the west.




A nice 8.46 km ride with fun in the quarry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...