Saturday, January 2, 2016

WAMBERAL BEACH, COPACABANA BEACH, BOUDDI NP - SURF AND MTB - 2 JANUARY 2015

An early look at the surf. Even though the waves had a good shape the sand banks couldn't hold the waves as the tide was too low. So they were nice looking close outs.

I wandered back down Wamberal Beach at mid tide and had a fun surf. Most of the waves closed out and the rip was very strong but I had a right hand sand bank to myself and luckily, had about 7/8 waves to the edge of the shore.



Later, in the afternoon, I drove to Copacabana for a surf check. When I arrived a mammoth set of waves broke. I watched for a bit longer but the waves kept deteriorating so I decided on a bike ride.

I parked at Maitland Bay Centre and followed the tracks at Bouddi National Park. The ride is is so good and very challenging in sections. I started off well but in the third lot of tracks the rocks were a hard obstacle as the dirt had been worn away so that my peddles hit them a number of times. Not too good with an escarpment beside you :)





Returning along the Strom Trail, I found a new track about a third of the way along that veered off the trail and rejoined it after a fair distance. A good track and very soft in sections. It would have been better riding it coming from Maitland Bay direction.

Another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...