Thursday, January 14, 2016

WAMBERAL BEACH AND UMINA BEACH - SURF, SWIM, MTB - 8 TO 12 JANUARY 2015

8 to 11 January 2015

The sandbanks at Wamberal/Terrigal beach had improved so I had a series of good and fun surfs for a few days. it was great to be back in the water doing what I love most.

12 January

The surf was very small so I drove down to Umina Beach for a bike ride. The tide was mid making it possible to ride along the sand.


Parts of the beach were very narrow and to soft for the bike but still a long portion of the beach was rideable. it was fun and pleasant riding on the sand - skirting the edge of the small waves as they rode up the sand till they lost their momentum and dissipated.


I followed the promenade on the way back - playing on a short bike obstacle track, zigzagging around the surf lifesaving clubs and cafes.


A pleasant 6.07km ride in the morning sunshine.


I finished off the ride with a swim and coffee on the beach. It was a good swim with the waters so still and glassy,









No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...