Monday, January 4, 2016

SYDNEY - SEALIFE AQUARIUM - 31 DECEMBER 2015

One of my Christmas presents from my daughters was a snorkel with the sharks at Sealife Aquarium in Sydney.


Surprisingly, it was a traffic free drive to Sydney, just a little over an hour.

We walked around Darling Harbour admiring the ocean and cityscape views. Looking across from the Darling Harbour area and the various buildings and developments I was looking into my mind's eye when I fished there as a kid sitting on coal covered pontoons.


At Sealife, the entry line was very long. When I attracted an attendant,  I was whisked to the front of the line as the snorkeling was a priority entry. I handed in forms and waited for about 10 minutes for the tour.

The tour was pretty good. It started with showing us the tank from above and explaining about the animals we would be up close and personal. Interesting facts!



Down in the belly of the complex, we donned our snorkeling gear and walked a short distance to the tank. We were in a glass enclosure inside the glass enclosure of the fishes and sharks. All very safe.



The snorkel was about 1/2 hour. There were many creatures in the tank which guided by the tank at various intervals - leopard sharks, black tip reef sharks, sting rays,  sword sharks and a host of smaller and larger fish. It was pretty exciting though it would have been better to be in the tank with the sharks.


Later. we wandered around the other attractions of Sealife. I was impressed with the jellyfish, penguins and the walkways through and under the shark tanks.



We then had a great lunch admiring the harbor views then back home.

Excellent day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...