Thursday, January 14, 2016

KINCUMBA MOUNTAIN AND TERRIGAL HAVEN - MTB SWIM, SNORKEL - 13 JANUARY 2016

It was very warm not long after sunrise. It was going to be a hot one.

I left early for a bike ride along the tracks at Kincumba Mountain.



I took the bottom track then joined the new track and was trenched with sweat. It was a bit too hot now to do a bike ride and enjoy it. I followed the service road and followed a short track before heading back to the car wet with sweat.

Still, it was a great 3.7 km ride and I was looking forward to a swim at Terrigal Haven.

Down at the Haven the water was warm and inviting. I had a pleasant swim but towards the end I swam into a bluebottle tentacle and got a nasty sting across the arm.

Later in the day, I returned to the Haven at low tide for a snorkel.



I snorkeled around for an hour. the highlights were a large school of small fish and a stingray basking on a sandy seabed.




I was hoping for better underwater photos. I was pleased with the ones I took. It seems I need to make sure ... shallow water has better light, clear the lens and camera housing, make sure the flash is on for all shots, stay still, be no more than 1/2 meter away for macro... well,  these are my theories to test out on the next underwater session.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...