Saturday, December 12, 2015

BRISBANE WATER NP MTB - WARRAH TRACKS ENCORE - 12 DECEMBER 2015



I parked at the start of the Sani Depot trail on Patonga Road at Brisbane Water National Park.


Down the hill and turned to the right to follow the Neera Trail. I had a ride there a few days ago and liked it. It was a good track starting as a disused service road and turning into a narrow track weaving between trees, rocks and bushes. There was a big steep climb at towards the end.


Back on the main road and up to the start of the Van Dahl Trail. I followed this partially, turning off to the left to play on a smooth undulating slab of sandstone and to admire the landward view.

I backtracked and followed a number of trails and played on a large area of tessellated sandstone.

Back onto the main road and down the hill towards Patonga, I turned left on to the service road that connects as far as Pearl Beach. I followed as far as Warrah Trig lookout and admired the view across Broken Bay.


Backtracked uphill and turned to right to a link road connecting to Warrah Road. Followed Warrah Road and turned right on a fun, narrow, bushed lined track then joined the main road and peddled a short distant to the van.


A fun 9.61 km ride with an elevation range of 95 metres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...