Tuesday, September 1, 2015

FORRESTER BEACH - HIKE - 1 SEPTEMBER 2015

A warm sunny start to the first day of Spring.



The surf was wild and I drove to Forresters Beach for a hike.


The sun was over the horizon and it cast a long shadow of myself as I walked along the beach.

 

The surf was wild and it was crashing into the rocks and flowing along the rock platform. There was a lot of power to the waves and I walked until I had a high vantage point along the rocks. The largest waves caused the boulder I was sitting on to vibrant. Next to me was a sign 'boulders may fall'. I could feel why.

 

I gazed at the ocean and it's awesome power for ages. No boulders fell on me so it must be my lucky day.

 
The sky was a deep blue and was a vibrant background to overhanging boulders and bushes.


A few stand out features - water cascading over the rock platform edge giving a waterfall effect - The morning light sparkled across the ocean - Some waves formed into immense gnarly barrels - On the shore, small foam waves licked upwards across the sand.


A nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...