Thursday, September 17, 2015

BRISBANE WATER NP - KARIONG MTB - 16 SEPTEMBER 2015

Once again, it was time to find the glyphics at Kariong. I have tried a number of times with no luck. This time it was no better. I took one trail and persevered but it was a dead end. I even bush bashed in a wide arc to see if I could pick up the trail. No go!






The next trail lead steeply down hill. As it turned out this was the right track but the two turnoffs I took across the rocks were before and after the glyphics. Now I know where they are so next time. :)

 

It was still a good ride. I found some rock carvings, I think they were fish.

 
On the other side of WoyWoy Road, I had a great time riding along some great tracks and sandstone outcrops. The sandstone outcrops were shaped like small waves and dotted over the platforms were turfs of vegetation and mosses which made the area like a maze. Really good fun with nice bush land views.


 
A great 9 km ride with a 66m elevation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...