Friday, August 28, 2015

WAMBERAL LAGOON KAYAK - 28 AUGUST 2015

A beautiful morning with sun shining and a light breeze.



The lagoon at Wamberal was filled with water so I went for a short paddle around the lagoon.


 
The breeze was a bit chilly so I kept to the sheltered western and southern sides of the waterway.

There were a number of birds amongst and in the trees enjoying a break from the wind.

 
Today, I saw cormorants roosting in the trees and diving for fish under the water, ducks massing in the wind sheltered areas, swamp hens fossicking along the water's banks and cockatoos flying in chaotic formations across the morning sky.

 

The water was deep enough to paddle under the canopy of the trees. It was fun meandering around the sunken trunks and cruising through the water reeds.


A fun morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...