Wednesday, August 5, 2015

INDONESIA - BALI - SANUR - JULY 2015 - CYCLE, MOTORBIKE RELAX

We left Kuta and drove to Sanur to the Adi Putri Hotel.

Though I'd been to Sanur a number of times, this was my first time staying there.

Generally, we hung around the hotel, ate at different restaurants, had massages, facials (not me) and in addition I rode the motorbike and cycled around.

Quiet area not far from beach, lots of eats, massages nearby


Adi Putri Hotel

The hotel was nice. The entrance was wide and decorated with Balinese items and clocks.

The desk service was great. they helped with transport, directions and getting a wheel chair for Kara.

The food service personal were either pleasant or on the verge of rudeness. I tend to treat rudeness with indifference which probably aggravates them more.

The pool was nice with an enclosing hedge.

The beach

The beach near the hotel was down a street or lane and was long but short. swimming was best at high tide. There were lots of good eats along the beach and heaps of activity in the water.

 
Restaurants

The restaurants were good with a variety of food and most had music playing at night.
Beach but only awhile as Kara wasn't well. 40 000R for two chairs for the day.
 
Motorbike

Kara needed to be driven to various places by motorbike. The riding in Sanur was quiet and respectful.


A few times, I drove around on my own 'looking for a highway with adventure'. well it was a pleasant ride.



Cycle



I hired a bicycle and drove around the streets and along the beach in the early morning and afternoon. It was heaps of fun though I did wish I had my mountain bike as the hired bikes were too fragile for any rough stuff. Still, I had a good time pushing the bike beyond its intended use.




The end

On the final day, we did as much as we could while taking it easy.

Transport to the airport was 150 000R.

Departure tax was included in the ticket. We were flying business class so check in was quick as we had no long queues. Kara had a wheelchair waiting and the flight left on time.


Reflection Sanur

A laid back place. traffic light, paths on beach cool, beach ok, restaurants good and plenty, hotel great and quiet. Next time, see about windsurfing there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...