Monday, August 10, 2015

CENTRAL COAST MTB - PILES CREEK - 1 AUGUST 2015



Early morning 4.91 km MTB - bike ride - at Piles Creek in Brisbane Water National Park with an elevation range of 35m.


Another freezing morning. There was mist oozing off the creek and the sun was only just beginning to rise above the hilly terrain. Once again my hands were frozen.


There were a number of obstacles along the track - side slipping down the slope, rocks and overhanging trees. There were fast sections and others where caution was advised as I didn't want to break any bike parts.


The raised path was fun. It twists and turns over the swampy land.


The reflections were awesome. No wind and nothing to ripple the water surface.


My trusty bike having a rest at the camp area at the suspension bridge.


I wandered around the camp area - over the suspension bridge and rocks. The area is very mossy with a primal look to it. I expected the tree to say "Tree! I'm no tree! I am an Ent." A 'Lord of the Rings' quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...