Sunday, May 10, 2015

CENTRAL COAST KAYAK - MANGROVE CREEK - 9 MAY 2015




It is about an hour's drive to Mangrove Creek through national park and farmland. Coming down the hill towards Mangrove Creek, the morning fog got thicker and thicker. When I got to the creek, I couldn't see it. It didn't take long before the fog began to lift.


It was so cold! My hands were frozen. Next time, I'll wear gloves!


The tide was low and going lower. I paddled against the tide the whole way but it wasn't too bad.

 
The fog was magical over the water. In places, it was very thick and in others it was drifting with the morning breeze across the water surface. Generally, it was very quiet and I only heard a few bird calls. The water was glassy and reflective.


At Mangrove Creek dam, I had a walk around. The water was overflowing making brilliant patterns as it cascaded over the wall of the dam.


The paddle back was with the tide and the fog had lifted and the sun was a shining :)


distance - 6.92 km

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...