Thursday, March 19, 2015

CENTRAL COAST MTB - BRISBANE WATER NP - BULLS HILL AND THE QUARRY - 17 march 2015




A warm sunny morning. Off for a bike ride at Brisbane Water National Park.


I started off on an old fire trail which I think is the Bulls Hill Fire Trail. The trail was very rough with heaps of hand size loose stones all over the road. There were a number of turns to the left that lead to tessellated sandstone slabs with views towards Mount Wondabyne. The sandstone was fun to ride over with drop offs, rock pools and an undulating surface.


Passing varying rock formations, eventually I reached the end of the trail with a great view towards Umina and Box Head.


Backtracking a short distance, I followed another fire trail that lead to Woy Woy Road. I cycled back to the car and onto the trail to the quarry.


I had a fun time in the quarry cycling in the rougher terrain and playing with the cameras for different view points.

A great cycle.


distance - 6.75 km
elevation range - 33 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...