Thursday, March 19, 2015

CENTRAL COAST MTB - BOUDDI NP - BULLIMAH SPUR - 19 MARCH 2015



I thought I'd try Bullimar Spur in Bouddi National Park.


I started at the Maitland Bay Centre. It was down the steps towards Maitland Bay until I reached the turn off for Bullimar Spur. This was the most steps I've gone done and they varied in step tread and height. Still, I did better than I'd done before so I was pretty happy.


The track to Bullimar Spur was narrow and fun. At times, it was very rocky and uneven and at others it was level with a few obstacles. I made it over a few drops of less than 1/2 metre so I was happy with my effort again.

Along the way there were large outcrops of double head height boulders which the track meandered through. A few times I stopped and walked along the edge of the sandstone escarpment. There were great views over the coastline and a big drop over the edge. A nice playground!


The ride finished at the end of the spur. There were a series of boulders and slabs of overlapping sandstone. The view was over Putty Beach and beyond towards Sydney. I rested there for awhile and enjoyed the view and played with the cameras.


On the way back, I took a turn off that went more directly up to the Scenic Road. It was a hard slog as I had to carry my bike most of the way.


A great ride with great coastal views.

distance - 2.28 km
elevation range - 64 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...