Thursday, March 5, 2015

CENTRAL COAST KAYAK - AVOCA LAGOON - 5 MARCH 2015

I went for a kayak at Avoca Lagoon in the early morning. It was a good 1 hour kayak.

Highlights included :

an early morning fog across the water.


very small fish in small schools jumping in the shallows.

large fish breaching the water.


birds roosting in the trees overhanging the water.

birds in flight - fast and slow


birds kicking on the water for uplift to begin their flight

the sand bank between the lagoon and the ocean.

the sunrise lighting up the scenery and bird life.

a black swan up close slowly entering the water as I paddled around a corner.

an egret as I paddled around the Bareena island. it just sat there on it's log perch and watched me from only 3 metres away.


the low water level exposing sand banks and shore lines that had been eroded deeply by wave action. there's quite a few trees ready to come down.

A relaxing easy going kayak.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...