Monday, February 9, 2015

CENTRAL COAST - MOONEY MOONEY CREEK - KAYAK - 'PRETTIER THAN A PICTURE' - 7 FEBRUARY 2015



A warm morning... just right for a kayak.

I drove to Mooney Mooney Creek. It was still and quiet. The fish were breaching the water on the odd occasion adding to the naturalness of the area.


I paddled up creek. The water was reflecting the trees and the backdrop of the sandstone escarpment. So pretty.

There were small crabs feeding amongst the mud. I watched them for a while but the mosquitoes were ferocious!

Along the banks, were two water dragons. One fell from an overhanging branch and swam to shore with the swaying movement of its tail. Once on shore, it scuttled to a safe distance to observe me.


The end of this paddle was great. There were heaps of rocks and pools and I just managed to negotiate them to get to end of the paddling section of the creek. It was a lot of fun.


At the end, I landed and walked over the rocks with water cascading over the sandstone forming small falls and swirling pools of water.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...