Sunday, January 4, 2015

CENTRAL COAST - WOY WOY TO WATERFALL BAY - KAYAK - 3 JANUARY 2015

I parked at Woy Woy and launched from a small beach opposite Pelican Island.


I got a surprise with a group of ducks crossing the road in single file - as they do. The last duck was reluctant to cross but was looking quite anxious so I stopped and waited for it to make its move to go.


I paddled along the channel towards thee wharves, then around to the bridges.


After the bridges, there were a number of houses in a small bay with wharves. On one of the wharves there was a group of  'Sooty Oystercatchers' which were parading up and down it.


Soon the landscape changed to bare sandstone and eucalyptus trees.


Waterfall Bay has a cascade rather than a waterfall but today it was a mere trickle.

I paddled in and around the mangroves near the falls.

The paddle back was great in sunshine.


At the end of the ride, there was a lady and her dog running in terror as I landed. A swamp of bees was responsible for this reaction.

8.08 km
2:16 hrs


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...