Monday, January 26, 2015

CENTRAL COAST - RUMBALARA - MTB - 26 JANUARY 2015

Australia Day.

I drove to Springfield and turned and Dolly Ave which leads to the top of Rumbalara Reserve.

I wasn't sure how these tracks would be for the bike.


The ride was fun and challenging at times with some long narrow curvy uneven tracks interspersed with steps. At times, there were a lot of steps and the height and tread was uneven.


There were a number of tracks - Flannel Flower, iron bark loop and so on. A bit of an overkill on names I think.

I came across two statues while riding. I posed with them in a few shots. They were very obliging but not very talkative.



The views were great but unfortunately it was raining lightly so the view was a bit obscured.



In retrospect, it would have been a better ride to start at the top and go down the south side tracks.

A fun ride and amazing to find these tracks so close to home. Still a few tracks to ride.


distance 3km
time 37minutes
elevation range 51m

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...