Wednesday, May 7, 2014

AUSTRALIA - KOORAGANG WETLANDS - MTB - 7 May 2014

I dropped my daughter at Newcastle University and had a bit of a wait before returning home.



I decided on a kayak or a bike ride at Kooragang Wetlands. The kayaking didn't look to inviting so I opted for the bike ride.

There were a number of tracks and trails around the island. The terrain of the tracks varied from grass, boardwalk, bridges, tarred, gravel, tire rutted, service roads, paved roads and dirt track. The tracks circumnavigated the island with only a little bit of back tracking.

There were a number of points of interest on the ride - bridges, tidal creeks, old buildings, old airforce structures, old school masters house and jetty.

It was a fun, level and interesting ride.


distance - 14.59 km
time - 1h 58m
av. speed - 7.4 km/h
max speed - 20.1 km/h



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...